Host Gerald Everett Jones and his co-hosts Cheyenne Cockrell and Thomas Page have a roundtable discussion of “Dystopian and Post-Apocalyptic Fiction.” They cover questions, including:
- What's the definition of Dystopian and Post-Apocalyptic?
- What topics are included in this genre (worst-case political scenarios, cautionary tales, unintended consequences, day after Armageddon or The Rapture, worldwide pandemic, meteor impacts, aliens, and climate disaster)?
- Are these stories just variations on Horror?
- Can we think about these as simulations, or lessons learned?
- Is humanity's superior trait adaptability or intelligence?
- Are these books trying to help us, or avoid something-- or just give us a thrill by exploiting our worst fears?
And, as ever, there's lots of advice on how to get published, including the support resources at our website getpublishedradio.com.
This episode airs on Hella Radio, KNNN-FM 87.7 Redding, Calif.